The Sassa Grant-in-Aid application process is very easy. However, you should know the eligibility criteria for this grant so you can apply for it easily. GIA or Grant-In-Aid is an income support program for those who need help and care to live a good life. These people do not have relations or other people who can take care of them. So Sassa has decided to provide monthly aid to these people so they can make their lives better.
This grant gives them R500 every month. So, it’s like a monthly gift to help them with their money needs. However, not everyone can get it. Moreover, there are some rules and things you need to know. Let’s dive into the details of this grant.
Eligibility Criteria for Sassa Grant-in-Aid
Grant-In-Aid is not for everyone. So that is why Sassa has made some rules and regulations for the applicants. Let’s dive deeper and see what these requirements are.
- Age Requirement: You need to be 18 years old or older.
- Income Limit: Your total income, including money from a job or any other source, should not be more than R47,400 per year.
- Citizenship: You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident with a valid ID.
- Disability: If you have a disability, you should provide a medical report that proves your disability.
- Means Test: The Sassa will look at your financial situation to see if you really need the Grant-in-Aid.
- Application: You must apply for the grant at your nearest Sassa office and fill out the necessary forms. You can also use the web portal.
How to Apply for Sassa Grant-in-Aid?
You need to visit the Sassa office and ask them to provide you with a Grant-In-Aid application form. Then you need to fill out the form with your personal details. You also need to keep your documents ready and attach all the required copies with the form. Now submit the form and wait for the approval.
What are the Required Documents?
Here are the documents that you need to submit along with your application form.
- You need to sign an affidavit for the Sassa grant.
- Your ID card or other ID documents.
- A medical report that proves your disability.
- Proof of marriage if you are married.
- ID details of your spouse as well.
- If you are divorced then provide the divorce documents.
How much is the SASSA Grant-In-Aid amount for 2023?
The amount of the Sassa Grant-In-Aid is R500 per month. It is a good amount to buy basic necessities of life.
How to apply for SASSA Grant-In-Aid?
You need to visit the Sassa support centre to apply for a grant. Then fill out the form and submit it.
Who is qualified for Grant-In-Aid?
We have already mentioned all the qualification requirements in this article that you can check above.
Is it true that the SRD grant increased to R700?
No, there is no increase in the Sassa grant. The grant payment is still R350 in 2023.
- 1 Eligibility Criteria for Sassa Grant-in-Aid
- 2 How to Apply for Sassa Grant-in-Aid?
- 3 What are the Required Documents?
- 4 F.A.Q