Sassa is improving the lives of South African citizens. It is an agency that was formed in 2005 and is still in operation all over the country. The agency has only one aim which is to eradicate poverty and unemployment in the country. Sassa has many types of grants and one of them is the SRD status check R350 grant and it is the best as well.
If you’re wondering about the SASSA Special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant, often called SRD R350, you’ve come to the right place. This article is your go-to guide for understanding all the details about this grant.
We’ll explain how it works, who can apply, and what you need to know to get the help you need during these challenging times. So, let’s dive in and learn more about the SRD R350 grant from SASSA.
What is SASSA Special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant SRD R350?
During the extreme time of the coronavirus, the whole world faced a great backlog in the economy. During that time of pandemic, many countries fell back and people lost their jobs. One of them was our country (South Africa).
South Africa faced extremely hard conditions during the COVID-19 era. Almost 60% of the nation became unemployed at that time. Now it has become a serious concern of the government to tackle the situation and fight the poverty ratio.
At that time, the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) took the step and decided to announce a grant to support all those coronavirus sufferers. It was called “The SRD R350 Special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant’ which was solely introduced for unemployed citizens.
The grant is serving poor citizens with 350 Rands of the amount per month. It is a hope for all those people who have lost their businesses and jobs during the pandemic time. However, the grant was started as a temporary solution but it is still being delivered in 2023.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for the Social Relief of Distress Grant?
Whereas the Sassa SRD grant is available for all citizens of South Africa there are some certain terms and conditions for this grant. If you want to apply for this grant, you need to fulfil the following criteria.
Citizenship and Residency:
- You must be a South African citizen, permanent resident, or refugee to apply for the SRD Grant.
- You need to reside in South Africa and provide proof of your address.
2. Age Requirement:
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 59 years.
3. No Existing Grants:
- You should not be receiving any other social grants from the government, such as the Old Age Grant or Disability Grant.
- This includes not receiving any unemployment insurance benefits.
4. Income Limit:
- Your income should be below an R624 per month threshold, which may change over time. Ensure that your income falls within the specified limits to qualify.
5. Unemployment or Reduced Income:
- You must be unemployed or have a significantly reduced income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You should not be earning any income or earning a very low income.
6. Not Eligible for UIF:
- You should not be eligible for Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) benefits or any other government assistance program.
7. Bank Account:
- You must have a South African bank account in your name, as the grant is typically paid directly into your bank account.
8. Application Process:
- You need to apply for the SRD Grant through the designated channels, such as the SASSA website or at an SASSA office.
- Ensure that you provide accurate and complete information during the application process.
- You may be required to provide certain documents to support your application, such as your ID document, proof of residence, and proof of income.
- If your circumstances change, you may need to reapply or update your information to continue receiving the grant.
11. Fraudulent Claims:
- Making false claims or providing incorrect information can lead to legal action and disqualification from receiving the SRD Grant.
12. Compliance with Rules:
- You must comply with all the rules and regulations set by SASSA regarding the SRD Grant.
So these are the terms and conditions that are mandatory when you need to apply for the Sassa SRD r350 grant. If you are fulfilling all these rules then you can go ahead and get your grant easily.
How to Apply for SRD R350 Social Relief of Distress Grant?
The application process for an SRD grant is very easy. However, there are three methods that you can use to apply for this grant. We will get through all three steps and see how you can apply for the SRD COVID-19 grant.
SASSA SRD R350 Grant Application Online on the Website
One of the fastest and easiest ways to apply for the Social Relief of Distress grant is using the online website method. In this method, you do not need to go and visit the Sassa offices. So it is a very easy way to apply.
Step 1: Access the SRD Website
Open your internet browser and navigate to the SRD (Social Relief of Distress) website. If you are an asylum seeker, refugee, or special permit holder, then you need to click on the refugee and asylum seeker option.
Step 2: Provide Your Mobile Number and ID Number
On the SRD website’s homepage, you’ll find a space to enter your mobile number and ID number. Carefully input this information, ensuring it’s accurate. Once completed, click on the “send SMS” button.
Step 3: Receive Your OTP via SMS
Shortly after clicking “send SMS,” you’ll receive a text message on your mobile phone containing a six-digit OTP (One-Time PIN). This OTP is a crucial security measure to verify your identity during the application process.
Step 4: Verify Your OTP on the SRD Website
Return to the SRD webpage and locate the space provided to insert the OTP number you received via SMS. Enter the six digits carefully and accurately. Afterwards, click on the “verify pin” button.
Step 5: Complete the Application
Once your OTP is successfully verified, the SRD website will guide you through the application process. You’ll need to provide detailed information about your personal circumstances, including your name, address, income status, and any additional required documentation.
Step 6: Review and Confirm
Before finalizing your application, carefully review all the information you’ve entered. Ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Any mistakes could delay the processing of your application and even failure as well.
Step 7: Submission
After confirming that all your details are correct, submit your application through the SRD website. Your application will then be processed by the relevant authorities.
Step 8: Await Notification
Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed by SASSA. You will receive a notification, usually via SMS, confirming the status of your application. Be patient during this stage, as processing times may vary.
Step 9: Payment
If your application is approved, you will receive the SRD R350 grant through your registered bank account. Make sure to keep your bank details up to date to avoid any payment issues.
Step 10: Compliance and Updates
Stay informed about any updates or changes in the SRD R350 grant program, as eligibility criteria and application processes may evolve over time. If your circumstances change, reapply or update your information accordingly.
Sassa SRD Application on WhatsApp
Applicants can also use the WhatsApp app for the registration of this grant.
- Open your mobile phone book and save the number 082 046 8553.
- Open WhatsApp and send a message to that saved number.
- You will receive a link where you have to click and verify the OTP.
- Now enter your ID number and surname.
- After that, provide your all information and submit it.
Sassa GovChat Application Process
Have you ever heard of the app GovChat? Well, this is an app for the applicants of Sassa to use for the registration of different types of Sassa grants.
- Visit the GovChat website.
- Find the SASSA grant registration section.
- Click on SASSA grant registration.
- Fill in your accurate personal details.
- Choose the specific SASSA grant type.
- Complete the application form.
- Review your application for accuracy.
- Submit it through the GovChat app.
- Wait for notifications about your application status.
- Receive your approved grant payment in your bank account.
How to Do SRD Status Check Online?
After the successful application of the SRD R350 grant, you need to check your SRD grant application status regularly. This is the guide that you need to follow.
Visit the SASSA Website:
- Open your internet browser and go to the official South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) website.
- Look for the section on the website that allows you to check the status of your SRD application. This section may be labelled as “Check SRD Status” or something similar.
Enter Your Details:
- In the provided fields, enter the required information. Typically, you’ll need to input your ID number and phone number.
Submit Your Query:
- After filling in the necessary information, click on the “Submit” or “Check Status” button.
View Your Status:
The website will then display the status of your SRD application. You may see one of the following statuses:
- Approved: Your application has been accepted, and you will receive the SRD payment.
- Pending: Your application is still being processed, and you need to wait for further updates.
- Failed: Unfortunately, your application did not meet the eligibility criteria, and you won’t receive the SRD payment.
- Reapplication Pending: The meaning of this status is that you need to submit your reapplication.
Take Note of the Result:
- Carefully note the status displayed on the website. This will inform you of the current status of your SRD application.
For Any Questions or Assistance, Reach Out to SASSA:
1. Toll-Free Call Centre:
Dial 0800 60 10 11 for direct access to the SASSA Toll-Free Call Centre. Friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist you with your inquiries.
2. SASSA Head Office:
Contact the SASSA Head Office at 012 400 2322 if you have specific concerns or need information related to your grants or applications.
3. Email Support:
For written inquiries or to share documents, you can email the SASSA Head Office at Grantsenquiries@sassa.gov.za. They will respond to your emails promptly.
4. Regional SASSA Offices:
Find your nearest SASSA office by visiting the official SASSA website. Click on “SASSA offices” to access contact details for offices across the country.
- 1 What is SASSA Special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant SRD R350?
- 2 What are the Eligibility Criteria for the Social Relief of Distress Grant?
- 3 How to Apply for SRD R350 Social Relief of Distress Grant?
- 4 SASSA SRD R350 Grant Application Online on the Website
- 4.1 Step 1: Access the SRD Website
- 4.2 Step 2: Provide Your Mobile Number and ID Number
- 4.3 Step 3: Receive Your OTP via SMS
- 4.4 Step 4: Verify Your OTP on the SRD Website
- 4.5 Step 5: Complete the Application
- 4.6 Step 6: Review and Confirm
- 4.7 Step 7: Submission
- 4.8 Step 8: Await Notification
- 4.9 Step 9: Payment
- 4.10 Step 10: Compliance and Updates
- 5 Sassa SRD Application on WhatsApp
- 6 Sassa GovChat Application Process
- 7 How to Do SRD Status Check Online?
- 8 For Any Questions or Assistance, Reach Out to SASSA: